Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Lesson: Control

I realize my blogging has shifted. Since my layoff, work has taken over a larger share of my creativity. On the other hand, I've found there's a huge reserve of creativity that was untapped before. I guess this is a sign that my life is improving, though I'll wait and see if I can make a living six months from now before I hand down a ruling.

I do have a new idea for a nomic-like RPG combining blogger and wiki that I'm going to post later this week, I promise.

In the meantime, my tip for the day is this: when you're working in someone else's work environment, try to have direct control over the resources you need to do your job. If it's a document, keep your own backup. If it's hardware, know that the hardware has been set aside for you or have access to your own. Wasted time is an annoyance to a salaried employee, but it's slow poison to an independent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home