Thursday, April 28, 2005

Executive Blogging Services

I'm going to toss something out there. I've been thinking about offering executive blog coaching as a commercial service (in fact I've already started doing this, I'm just not advertising yet).

Blogging's really starting to turn a corner in acceptance. The question these days isn't so much "why in the world would I blog?" as "how do I get started?"

Here's how I propose to answer the question:

  • The Blogging Roadmap: In one consultation I will give you an executive overview of business blogging and RSS feeds. We talk about the decisions you need to make right at the start, and the things you'll learn and refine along the way. By the end of the consultation you will have your first blog, your first post, and an idea of where you can go from here.

  • Blog Coaching: This offering takes the roadmap one step further. I will provide coaching and guidance for the first month of your blog and beyond. I will talk to you about what makes an exceptional blog, show you how to promote your blog. Technical services and knowledge are included, such as entering your blog on the top blog registries and enhancing searchability.


If you just want to find out what blogging is and whether you should be interested, I'll happily talk to you for free.

So what I want is a reality check. Does this sound like something worth paying for? Would you pay for it? Is something missing? What can I do to make this offering valuable?

3 Comments:

Blogger Saints and Spinners said...

I've learned quite a bit from your blogging lessons so far. What has been most helpful is my ability to trouble-shoot more of my glitches without having to run to someone to fix things for me. I graduated from Library School without knowing how to build a web-page. I think I've come a long way since then.

6:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yep, you said it, Chris. The great thing about blogging is that given 5 minutes, you can explain it to anybody. Once you're over that hump, it's a short trip to getting them interested in how they can use it.

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Chris,

I think blog coaching is a good idea. In fact I beat you to it! Been doing it since fall 2004. :)

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home